Chocolate Chip Macaroons
1 14oz package sweetened shredded coconut
4 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
pinch kosher salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 large egg whites at room temp.
2/3 c granulated sugar
1 c. mini chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 325º F
2) Combine coconut with the condensed milk, salt chocolate chips and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
3) Mix egg whites in a separate bowl using a mixer with a whisk attachment. Beat on medium speed until foamy.
4) Gradually add the sugar and continue to whip until medium peaks form m6-7 minutes.
5) Gently fold beaten egg whites into the coconut mixture.
6) Scoop Tbsp-sized mounds onto a parchment lined (DO NOT USE SILICONE) sheet pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
7) Immediately transfer parchment sheets to a cooling rack.
8) Store in an air-tight container.