Feb 9, 2011

Handwritting.

I didn't have any ideas for what to post today but then Stacey tagged me for one of these memes I keep reading/seeing about so I figured "Why the hell not?" So I don't know if all of these are supposed to be passed along like chain letters but I did decide not to pass it along. Of my 20ish followers, I don't know a) how many really read it regularly and 2) of the ones who do, who would actually do the thing. So I'll have bad luck for 50 years for breaking the chain but oh well. Also I don't really get the whole "meme" thing... or how they work or where the word "meme" came from...? But to anyone who reads this, and wants to do it themselves, consider yourself TAGGED! or not, whichever.

So here's the deal: there's a list of questions and you answer them with pen & paper. WHAT FUN! I don't really remember the last time I hand-wrote full sentences. OH YES! It was last year when one or more assholes at my apt. complex were taking their dogs to get their mail and then letting them crap at the base of the mail box thingy. But I digress. Here's the list:

1. What's your name/your Blogger name?
2. What's your blog's name/URL?
3. Write "the quick fox jumps over the lazy dog"
4. Favorite quote?
5. Your favorite song?
6. Your favorite band/singers?
7. Anything else you want to say?
8. Tag 3-5 other people.

And here's a bad picture of my answers:


Yes, I do usually write in "small caps" unless I'm really rushing. Now that I look at it, a lot of my Rs look like Ls. The difference is subtle.

Some other stuff...

EXCITING NEWS: (this is another exciting-only-for-me situation but I'm ok with that.)

I made, what I found out is called a "favicon." Favicons are the little icon that shows up on your tabs you have open or, if you have Windows, in your bookmarks toolbar (or is it taskbar? I forget).  In case you didn't already know that. So now when you go to my blog your tabs will look like this:
Except your tabs probably aren't blue, unless you also have the Wall-e firefox theme or some other blue theme. And you're probably not watching Hulu, especially not Pretty Little Liars. And, I guess, unless you're reading this in a reader, you do have my new favicon showing RIGHT NOW as you read this. So me telling you about this is dumb except now you know what those are called or if you hadn't noticed and now are really excited about my new accomplishment. w00t. Yes. "w00t."

Last thing for today; this is what my neighbors and their dogs did.  The mailman didn't like it either. He tried to leave a note telling them to stop but he didn't have access to the Sharpies, paper and tape that I did.
I wish I took a picture of my note.


Update: I meant to post the procedure I used to make my favicon. I found the instructions here.

8 comments:

  1. If I didn't have OnDemand, I would certainly have a tap open to Pretty Little Liars :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have the coolest ROCKSTAR handwriting! You can sign my guitar anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D. I'm gonna do it!
    The questions are hard tho :(.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thurdercat: Thanks! I will!
    Nas: I know, sometimes I forget my name too
    Robofthesky: don't really want to disclose that... I don't want just anyone who reads this to know where they can find me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you would have taken a picture of the note too! Thanks for the "Favicon" thing. I didn't know what they were called. I'll have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited about your accomplishment lol. It's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're all LEGIBLE and stuff. Teach me to be legible. And make sense. :) You'd have more luck with one than the other that's for sure. And double yay for an Eddie Izzard quote.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...