Feb 11, 2011

The One With The Salmon


Here's a really simple recipe for baked salmon that I love making when I'm just cooking for myself. I make it in my toaster oven, but if you do not have one you can make it in the oven, just make sure to use a small baking dish.  Also, If you don't keep white wine in your home, like me, you can pick up 'cooking wine' in the grocery store!



Lemon-Baked Salmon

Ingredients:

Salmon filet
1/2 lemon per serving
1 TBSP Spreadable butter/margarine
1/2 c. White wine (+1/4 c. for additional servings)

Optional:
Salt/Pepper

Other:
Non-stick cooking spray
 


 ______________________________

Preparation:
1) Preheat oven to 400 F.
2) Cut fillet into 1-1.5" pieces. Wrap up extra salmon with plastic wrap and freeze or refrigerate.
3) Spray baking dish with cooking spray. If you wish, line with foil for easy clean-up!

4) Place piece(s) of salmon, evenly spaced, in the baking dish, skin side down.
5)  Slice two thin slices, per serving, of lemon and cut them in half.
6) Dab butter onto the surface of the salmon.* If it spreads easy enough, spread a thin even layer instead.
7) Place lemon slices on top of the butter.

*If you have trouble spreading the butter evenly you can sort of blob it on and then use the lemon slices to push it down and spread it out a bit.
8) Pour wine over the salmon pieces, letting it run off into the pan.
9) Squeeze the rest of your lemon over the salmon.
10) Bake for 15-20 minutes.
11) Enjoy!
**Disclaimer: If using a toaster-oven, be careful when using foil. If it is too close to the heating elements it can catch fire.



2 comments:

  1. WOW THAT LOOKS SO FREAKING TASTY!!! Mmmmm I'm gonna try it...or bribe my mom to make it for me when I got to her house ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious and easy to make, love that! I like how you left the lemon slices on top, it really makes it look great! I'd sprinkle a little parsley or dill which would be really great with it too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...